Remarkable performace by students of JCDM College of Engineering in 17th Athletic meet(2-3-23 to 3-3-23)
The Annual Athletic Meet embodies the zeal, talents and spirit of sportsmanship of the students.So, to inculcate these qualities in the students and to follow the tradition, 17th athletic meet of JCD Vidyapeeth has been organized in the sports ground. The most awaited event of the year commenced with the arrival of the highly distinguished chief guest, Sh. Jai Bhagwan, Arjun Awardee and International Boxer. Dr. Kuldeep Singh Dhindsa (Director General JCDV) along with Sh. Sudhashu Gupta (Registrar JCDV) and Principals of all the constituent colleges of JCD Vidyapeeth (Dr. Jai Parkash, Dr. Dinesh Kumar Gupta, Dr. Arindham Sarkar, Dr. Shikha goyal,Dr. Anupma Setia and Ms. Harleen Kaur) welcomed the Chief Guest.The achievement of students of JCDM College of Engineering are:
- In 100 meter(Men), Sartik(CSE) secured 1st
- In 200 meter(Men), Basant Singh(ME) bagged 3rd
- In 800 meter (Men), Mukesh Kumar(Civil) grabbed 1st position and Maninder Singh(ME) secured 3rd position .
- In 1500 meter, Maninder Singh(ME) got 3rd
- In 4×200 meter (Men) second position was assured by team of (Maninder Singh, Sartik, Mukesh and Basant Singh)
- In 4×100 meter (Men) second position was assured by team of (Maninder Singh, Sartik, Mukesh and Basant Singh).
- In Shotput, Govind secured 2nd
- In 110 meter(Hurdle, Men), Sartik secured 1st position
- In 110 meter(Hurdle, Women), Anuja secured 1st position
- In Three leg race(Men), 1st position was bagged by team of Aman & Jasmeet of JCD Engineering college, second position was assured by team of Govind & Paras of JCD Engineering college and 3rd place was again secured by team of Maninder & Basnt of JCD Engineering college.
- In Three leg race(Women), 1st position was bagged by team of Pooja & Anuja of JCD Engineering college, second position was assured by team of Chehak & Palak of JCD Engineering college.
- In Tug of war, team of Engineering college secured 1st position by defeating team of JCD IBM. The team members were Lakhwinder Singh, Gopal Verma, Govind, Prince Tanwar, Sameer, Adarsh, Pawan, Tarsem,Maninder Singh and Basant Singh.
Along with students, faculty members also showed their performance in the athletic meet.
- In 100 meter Lemon race (Teaching Women), 3rd place was grabbed by Er. Pooja Kamboj(AP CSE)
- In 100 meters (Non-Teaching, Men) 2nd position was bagged by Mr. Amarjeet (Library).
This two days sports event of JCD Vidyapeeth came to an end when the Chief Guest declared the 17th annual athletic meet closed. The closing ceremony witnessed emotions of happiness of being winners along with proud to take their college on heights of success and on the other hand, a sense of satisfaction for giving their best from those who could not win in their respective events.
In the Valedictory ceremony of two days athletic meet, Mr. Jitender Kumar, International boxer and Arjun awardee graced the occasion as the Chief Guest.Dr. Kuldeep Singh Dhindsa ( Director General, JCD Vidyapeeth) offered floral welcome to as the Chief Guest. He expressed his gratitude to the august presence of Mr. Jitender Kumar. The Chief Guest in his address motivated the students to involve themselves with at least one game they like and it will help them to stay calm in stressful days of examination also.
On the basis of results of all the events JCD Memorial College was declared as winner of 17th Annual meet, JCD Dental College was declared as first runner up where as JCDM College of Engineering grabbed the position of second runner-up. Sartik of JCDM College of Engineering was declared as the Best Athlete (Men) and Manisha of JCD Memorial College was declared as the Best Athlete (Women).
The Chief Guest gave away certificates and medals to the winners of all the events and congratulated them.
On the occasion, Dr. Dinesh Kumar Gupta, Principal congratulated all the student participants as well as Sports Incharge for their tremendous performance in the 17th Athletic Meet. He encouraged the participants to do their best and work hard for future events. He also advised them to improve their performance in studies as well.
The team of JCDM College of Engineering participated under the guidance of Er. Shashi Sharma(Sports Incharge, AP Civil) and Er. Ganga Singh(AP ME).